Monday, October 18, 2010

Detox Diary continued . . .

Day 4 - admitted two new clients, a 24 year old girl, and a 29 year old guy. Asked them about their intake for the last two weeks and what their goals are after detox. For most clients it seems their goal is to work, because they've lost their jobs due to their drinking/drug use. The guy was really struggling with withdrawal and wasn't sure if spending a week in detox was really what he wanted. The next day I he was already gone, decided he couldn't handle it. I offered the group a meditation session before bed, seeing as they seemed to like it. I advertised it as "Hardcore Relaxation", hahaha. It was a heart chakra meditation about unconditional love, followed by a discussion.

Day 5 - Found out that the guy who was admitted yesterday self-discharged, couldn't handle it, wanted to drink. Spent about an hour comforting the girl who admitted yesterday who was upset about her domestic situation (family were being evicted) and desperately wanted to leave so she could help them and also so she could drink away the worries. We convinced her the best thing she could do for her situation is stay right where she is and thankfully she did. The clients requested another guided meditation before bed, so this time I did "Detoxifying Meditation".

Weekend - spent all weekend researching and writing my final assignment for this year. It's for my Community Nursing subject and is about Secondary School Nursing. I chose that topic because I felt it was something I can relate to and write about. The essay was 1200 and I wrote it in one day. I thought I would be able to submit it electronically, but I found out late last night that it had to be handed in hard copy at uni. So today after finishing at 3:30 I came home, proof read it one more time, printed it and drove to uni just in time to hand it in at 4:55pm (due 5pm). Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment