Thursday, June 23, 2011

Exam

Just got home from the exam - it went okay. I answered all the questions and was confident about my answers for most of them except a couple of questions about ECGs (which coronary arteries each of leads corresponds to) and underwater chest drainage. But those questions were only worth 5 points out of 50. I just guessed the answers for those.

This is the preparation I did and most of it was actually very useful.

Listened to lectures (someone them I re-watched):
• Congestive Heart Failure
• Evidence based treatments for coronary heart disease
• Exam preparation tips
• Nutrition in the Acute Care Setting
• Stroke
• Intracranial Hypertension
• Neurological Observations
• Pain in the Acute setting

Reading revision
• Cardiovascular System Anatomy, Physiology and Assessment
• Respiratory System Anatomy, Physiology and Assessment
• Neurological System Anatomy, Physiology and Assessment
• Non-invasive ventilation
• Stroke
• Intracranial pressure and hydrocephalus
• ECG interpretation
• Chest drains/underwater seal drainage management
• Central venous line management
• Enteral medication administration
• Basic life support
• Heart Failure (this topic is so complicated!)
• Acute Coronary Syndromes & Myocardial Infarction
• Nasogastric Tube Insertion
• Assessment and Care of the Tracheostomy Patient

Also, got some results back for my group's Falls Prevention presentation. We got 17.5 out of 20 (worth 20%), so that's very good.

3 weeks off uni now during which time I'll be working, doing my graduate nursing applications and spending one week in Bali. This weekend I'll be relaxing - catching up on non-uni related reading, watch a movie and go to yoga.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete