Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm gonna be a psychiatric nurse!

I got my first choice of grad years! I am so happy and feel like all the hard work and time I put in these past two years has paid off. What a great way to finish the uni semester! I still have to pass all my subjects and get registered but I'm sure that will not be a problem.

My grad year will start on January 30 so until then I'm going to be doing some teaching, some aged care nursing home work, and have a bit of a holiday until then.

Handed in two more assessments and had my last day of clinical placement yesterday. Also got my mark back for the oral presentation - 12.5/15!! wow, was not expecting that.

I also got my clinical appraisal back from my nurse buddy who had to rate me in about 40 different aspects of nursing, and he rated me "independent" for EVERYTHING!! That means I'll get a perfect mark of 50/50 for the placement which is actually graded this semester, not just pass or fail, and is worth 50%. My final piece of assessment is for other 50% of that subject and is my portfolio. I have to proofread and edit what I've already done and also write up a 700 word management plan for the symptom of uncontrolled nausea. I've done the research for it and will do it when i get back from my holiday. It's not due for about another 10 days after I get back, so no stress there.

So good to have all this off my shoulders, finish a week and a half early and now going on a mini-break to europe to visit my brother and be a bridesmaid for one of my best friends! wooohoooooooo!

2 comments:

  1. Just finished your whole blog from beginning to end. I know it's a bit old now but I really enjoyed it so thanks for doing it. I'm starting nursing next year and it gave me a great feel for what to expect. I hope everything has worked out for you in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this article. You can learn many things from this. Imagination is really good.
    Assignment Help Sydney

    ReplyDelete