Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Clinical Placements

On Friday I found out my clinical placements for this semester. First I'll be doing my second Acute 2 week placement at the same hospital in Melbourne I did it at last semester. That's good news. Then I will have a week off, then my 2 week Community Nursing Placement which will be in St Kilda at an organisation which offers "a distinctive programme for the treatment of persons with alcohol, drug, and/or other dependencies, and believes in a holistic approach to recovery. A combination of individual, group and/or family counselling, spiritual awareness, life skills training, and staff role modelling are used to encourage the client to make significant life changing decisions." That should definitely be interesting too. My Mental Health 4 week placement won't be until January and I'll be doing it in Canberra.
So I have a lot more clinical experience coming up. For now though, I'm trying to absorb lots of new learning.


Monday Summary:

Online modules:
Infection Control
Videos:
Ostomy pouching systems
Lectures:
Nexus between individuals & community health needs assessment
• Mental Health Nursing: Indigenous Context – Indigenous Health Overview
• Mental Health Nursing: Indigenous Context – Mental Health

Reading:
The Healthcare Delivery System
• Community Nursing

Homework:
• Best practice for Treating a Hypoglycaemic Episode

No comments:

Post a Comment