Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mid Week Update

This is what I covered today:

Online module:
• Stoma Care

Reading:
• Legal Principles in Nursing
• Stoma Patient Education, Care & Assessment , and Post-operative Care
• Specimen Collection: Wound swab, Urine specimen (Mid-stream Urethral Catheter), Urine specimen (Mid-stream male & female), Faecal specimen
• Obtaining Informed Consent for Blood & Blood Products
• Peristomal Skin Complications: Prevention and Management

Videos:
• Sterile Urine Specimen sample
• Nursing Management of Diverticulitis
• Finished watching BBC series The Human Body (on DVD) to expand and consolidate my anatomy and physiology knowledge. I quite enjoyed this series, except watching the last episode made me a bit teary because it was about the end of life and the man they showed dying was very sweet, I really liked him :-(.

On the weekend I need to go through quite a few of the online lectures. Tomorrow though, I am having a day off from studying and am going down to Mornington Peninsula with an Indonesian exchange student from my course, to do some sightseeing, food and wine tasting, hedge-maze exploring and so on. Hope the weather's good (for her), although it doesn't really matter for me if it's not. I'm just looking forward to going on a day trip and hanging out with my cool new Indonesian nursing friend so I can practise my Bahasa!

No comments:

Post a Comment