Friday, September 24, 2010

Fantastic first week!

My first week of placement has flown fast and been really good. I've had a different nurse buddy everyday and they have all been so nice and good teachers and gave excellent feedback about me to my clinical educator, so I passed the first week assessment with flying colours.

I've had a really interesting mix of patients including: 3 different kidney transplant patients at different stages, an HIV positive African refugee, alcohol and drug addicts who are going through withdrawal, suicide risk patients, and stroke patients.

Some of skills I've had a chance to practise are: lots of injections (including morphine), removing drainage tubes and urinary cathether (on a male), bed baths and showers, and sterile wound dressings.

Looking forward to next week but nice to have a break this weekend. Today I'm going over to my nan's house to watch the AFL grand final with her - GO PIES! Tomorrow I'll do yoga in the morning and then going to a baby shower for a friend from work in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment