Monday, November 22, 2010

UPDATE!!

Wow, sorry it's been so long since I blogged. It's just been the last thing on my mind since exams finished, LOL.

I got a few of my results back a while a go:

Acute Care:
Assignment # 1: 62%
Assignment # 2: 92%
Practical Exam (Venepuncture): 100%!!
Total grade for Acute Care: 75 (B)

Pretty happy with that.

Community Nursing:
Group Assignment: 90%
Team oral presentation: 95%
Online quiz: 85%
Assignment # 1: 55% (everyone I know got this mark or lower . . . WTF??)
Assignment # 2: don't know
Total grade for Community Nursing: 69 (C) . . . why couldn't I get just one more point??? Then it would be B instead of a C. Oh well.

I haven't completed my clinical placement or my assignment (based on the placement) yet so I don't know what my grade is for that subject is and I can't even find out what mark I got for the exam worth 50%.

I'm leaving for Canberra at the end of this week, staying there for one month to do my mental health placement. I've actually been reading up in the last week or so - drug abuse, schizophrenia, self-harm, bi-polar etc.

Also enrolled in next year's subjects. I'm already half way through my course and this time next year I'll be finished, I'll be ready to get out there and start my career as a registered nurse! How time flies. It's wonderful to set goals and slowly see yourself achieving them.

2011 THIRD YEAR NURSING SUBJECTS:

Semester 1:
Complex Care Nursing
Nursing Older People
Professional Transition in Nursing

Semester 2:
Interactions in Nursing
Clinical Practice Consolidation
Managing Chronic Conditions

That's all for now. Will definitely be blogging more often this month while I'm on my placement. No doubt I will have some very interesting stories from the psych ward!

No comments:

Post a Comment