Sunday, August 8, 2010

End of week update

This is what I got done this weekend:

Online modules:
• Basic ECG Interpretation – I got 100% on this, although it was open book and the answers were pretty easy to find. This is actually a complicated skill that I don’t really understand that well yet.
Reading
• Spirometry in Primary Care
• Infection Control Standard Precautions
• Guidelines for the management of iron deficiency anaemia
• Assessing common endocrine abnormalities
• Preparing the Patient for Colostomy Care
• Assessment of Patient for Pressure Ulcer: Risk and Skin Asseessment
• Reviewing health promotion in nursing education
• Treating Pressure Ulcers
• Applying Dressing: Dry or Wet-to-Dry and Transparent
• Wound Vacuum assisted closure
Lectures:
• Effects of Immobility on the Medical Patient
• The Nursing Considerations of a Patient with Mental Illness in the General Ward
• Respiratory Disorders – Asthma and Pneumonia
Videos:
• Living with Asthma (Child)

This week I plan to work on assignments as much as I can. I have two individual essays due in the next few weeks and also two group oral presentations (both next week) to prepare for and a group assignment. I'm going to be working on Thursday and Friday so I probably won't have as much time get a lot of reading done like I have been doing on my days off, so I'm going to make the assignments my priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment