Saturday, August 14, 2010

What I did this week . . .

I'm really happy with how much I got done this week. I worked at my teaching job on Thursday and Friday and didn't do any study on those days so all of this was done on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and today - Saturday. I've now finished all the readings and lectures for Community Nursing, which I've been focusing on to prepare for the quiz. I've just done it and I'm pretty sure I will get a decent score. This coming week I have two oral presentations to do with my team (on Tuesday and Wednesday) and on Monday we have a 4 hour pre-clinical placement lab session. This week will be the last week of classes, and then it's just assignments, online lectures, clinical placements, and then exams. Once I've completed my assignments for Community Nursing and Acute Care (I have 4 to do), I will focus on the Mental Health content. I've hardly done anything for this subject so far because the assessment is 50% written exam (in November) and then 50% assignment based on my clinical placement which is not till January.

What I got done this week:

Online modules:
• Community Nursing Quiz (worth 20% of my final mark)
Reading
• Community Assessment for Health
• Wound Management
• Wound Care Products
• Wound Identification
• The Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion
• Screening, risk assessment, immunisation and surveillance
Lectures:
• Wound Healing Physiology – Acute Wounds
• Wound Healing Physiology – Chronic Wounds
• Wound Healing and Assessment
• Planning, Implementation and Evaluation in Health Promotion
• Health Education Promotion
• Community Nursing in Australia in this Era
Homework:
• Project Campaign Planning Sheet
• Team Education Session Plan and Evaluation Tool (worth 10%)
• Essay – Community Needs Health Assessment (worth 40%, 2000 words and about half done)
Videos:
• Wound Dressings – Topical Agents, Films, Foams, Hydrocolloids, Alginates, Cadexomer Iodine, Hydroactives, Hydrogels, Silver Dressings, Bandages.

No comments:

Post a Comment