Sunday, March 27, 2011

Homework summary

In addition to my placement I've also being doing a lot of study recently. I have to, because it's relevant to what I'm doing on placement, so will help me get more out the experience, and I have assignments and homework tasks due.

Here is everything I've got done in the last 1 - 2 weeks:

Lectures
• Psychiatric Complexities in Acute care settings
• Pain management in the acute care setting
Reading
• Excellence in practice: technology and the registered nurse
• Establishing and maintaining a professional profile
• The theory-practice gap in clinical practice
• Reflective practice for the graduate nurse
• Anatomic and physiologic overview of neurological system – neurons, neurotransmitters, the brain (cerebrum, brain stem, cerebellum), structures protecting the brain, cerebrospinal fluid, cerebral circulation (arteries and veins), blood-brain barrier,
• Neurological Observation
• Professional Learning Outcomes Assignment (1600 words)- this assignment included a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and essay about my learning needs in order to transition confidently from student to graduate nurse. I finished it over the weekend and am handing it in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment