Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thursday April 1st

Yay! Finished for the week. Now I'm going to enjoy a three day weekend and have a complete break from studying. Next week is mid-semester break. I plan do some catch up study and homework on Monday and Tuesday and then I'm working on Wednesday.

I got great feedback on my Post Op wound care patient teaching plan, both positive and constructive but nothing bad. The teacher made a booklet for each of us which had copies of everyone's care plans with the teacher's comments. This allows us to read each other's research (we all had a different topic) to share knowledge but it also allows you to see the standard of other student's work, how they organise it and so on. I think that's useful.

Today I handed in my first assessment (about informed consent) and gave an oral presentation about it in class which seemed to go down well. Because of the two things I had to hand in this week, I haven't exercised this week (since Sunday) because I've been doing the homework in the evening, and by the time I'm done it's too late for the gym and time for dinner. Next week I'll be more active in my week off.

In labs this week I learned:
• Administration of 0xygen
• Inserting a Nasogastric tube for feeding or suctioning the stomach
• Musculoskeletal Assessment
• Integumentary Assessment (Hair, Skin & Nails)
• Respiratory Assessment

This weekend, Manny and I are going down to Dromana for Easter. I'm looking forward to some really hearty food.

No comments:

Post a Comment