Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday 19th

Today I didn't get that much study done at all. I slept in till about 10 and only listened to one lecture which was Risk Management, Law and Ethics in Drug Administration. Even though it was an easy lecture I had trouble concentrating so I just faffed around doing other stuff. I'll do a half day of study this weekend to make up for it, probably on Sunday but I don't feel too bad about it because I've gotten a lot done this week. One other thing I did was listen to the Cardiac and Pulmonary Auscultation CD that came with my Littman stethescope. It has 20 tracks on it containing examples of normal and abnormal heart and lung sounds and what they indicate, then I listened to my own heartbeat and lung sounds - everything was ok.

I'm going out tonight to a concert (The Dead Weather from the US) and I didn't want to exercise and get all sweaty again and have to wash my hair again (it's very hot and humid at the moment) so for my daily exercise I did my Rodney Yee Advanced Pranayama DVD. Pranayama is breath meditation. This still counts as exercise to me because it's very good for the lungs, mind and nervous system, which is very, very important and often gets neglected. For example, I've owned this DVD for about a year and never used it until now. However, now that I've done I'm sure I'll use it again because it is very good, like all of Rodney's DVDs. Rodney Yee has a Buddha-like face, a perfect yoga body and a very soothing voice. Now I feel very relaxed, yet energised and ready to go out and have a good time. Thanks Rodney!

No comments:

Post a Comment