Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lecture Marathon



Here are the items I bought last week:
• Sphygmomanometer
• Stethascope and name tag
• Heart and Lung sounds CD
• FOB watch

I am going to try to pick up a few more items from the shop at uni tomorrow.

Today I did everything from home because I wanted to make a more significant dent in all the learning content. I did the same thing yesterday because I only had a one hour lecture at uni. Rather than going all the way there and walking around etc, I just listened to it online. I’ve thought in the past that I wouldn’t be able to study very well at home but actually so far I’ve found that once I do one lecture I’m ready to do another one, kind of a momentum feeling. So today I did a lecture marathon (like a movie marathon). By going through all the online exercises and lecture material as fast as I can I’ll be more prepared and have more free time to study when my workshops, labs and assignments start in just over a week from now, so basically I’m doing it now to reduce the stress level in the future. I want to avoid falling behind and cramming because it’s not an effective way to retain knowledge long term. Doing a little bit often is much better. So far I’ve been doing about 4 – 5 hours of study per day but I need to increase that to 6 – 7. This course really is a full-time job!

Today’s Lectures:
• Respiratory Pathophsiology
• Managing Post-operative Pain
• Nausea & Vomiting
• Neuropathophysiology – Oedema
• Neuropathophysiology – Brain Trauma and Stroke
• Neuropathophysiology – Degenerative Disorders: Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Multiple Sclerosis
• Respiratory Drugs – actually my brain started to feel pretty foggy at this point so I’m going to repeat this one tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment