Monday, June 7, 2010

1 exam down, 6 to go

I think my exam this afternoon went really well. It only took 15 minutes and my examiner was one of the (nice) lab teachers I had this semester. The skill I had to demonstrate was IV Therapy. Luckily this is the one I've had the most practice at because I had to do it with patients nearly every day on clinical placement. The other two skills I had only practised in the lab. After the exam I looked over the checklist of things you have to do and I'm pretty sure I did everything.

After, I went to Safeway and Target to buy a few things and I'm going to spend the rest of the day relaxing. My next exam is Drug Administration Skills next Tuesday and I'm also going into uni for a few hours on Saturday to practise Clinical Assessment skills. I'll start preparing for those tomorrow.

My back and neck are feeling really sore at the moment. I have a massage booked for next week which should sort the back out but my neck feels like it's out of alignment because whenever I turn or flex my neck it hurts and I feel like I don't have my usual range of motion. This is particularly annoying when I'm driving and it's been bothering me for about a week already. So this morning I booked a short session with an osteopath (at the same place I get my massage) on Thursday morning. I may need a neck adjustment which I haven't had in about five years. Hopefully, it will get rid of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment