Sunday, June 6, 2010

Assignment finished

Finally finished my assignment! I'm about to go to uni to hand it in. Overall I think what I've done is good but I won't be surprised if I get marked down on a few things. We were supposed to use at least 10 peer reviewed journal articles on whatever topic we chose (mine is arteriovenous malformation and tracheostomy care). However I only used about 6 and couldn't even find 10 journal articles. I think AVM is a bit of an obscure topic because it is very rare. It's also frustrating that some of the articles online cost money to access - like $45. I'm going to make it one of my goals next term to get some help with research skills because it's very different in health sciences than it is for arts or law. I'm also quite a bit over the word limit so I didn't write how many words I have on the cover page. Hopefully they won't notice. But it must be nearly impossible to include everything they ask for and stay within the word limit.

After I drop off the assignment I'm going to study for tomorrow's exam. It's Acute Care skills which means I will have to demonstrate and explain one of the following skills, but won't know which one until I get there:
• Setting up an IV line
• Nasogastric intubation
• Aseptic wound care technique and suture removal

No comments:

Post a Comment