Tuesday, February 9, 2010

*DVD Review - So You Think You Can Dance: Tone & Groove



I bought this DVD a couple of months ago with a JB Hifi birthday gift voucher for about $20. It's also available on Amazon for about $12 and you get 3 dance workouts plus a separate warm up and cool down. So works out cheaper than going to a class and of course if you like it you can do it again and again. The instructors are contestants from the American series of the show. I've now done all three so here's what I thought of them:

Jazz with Katee

· This got my heart pumping. It’s a bit like an aerobics/jazzercise lesson with a few of the basic jazz steps thrown in. Katee seems like a good teacher but overall I found this routine and the music it goes with a bit boring. The house also shook quite a lot while I did this one so I probably won’t do it again. The warm up is a great body loosener for the morning. Together this took about 30 minutes.

Cha Cha with Dmitry

· I really liked this one. I’ve always wanted to try the cha cha because it looks like fun and it is! The steps are uncomplicated and from then on it’s all about style and making it smooth. I love Dmitry too and there wasn’t any jumping around so the house didn’t shake. That means I’ll be able to do this one as a morning workout. I also did the cool down this time. All up it took 30 minutes and I’ll definitely do this one again.

Hip Hop with Twitch

· Out of the 3 Tone & Groove workouts this one was the easiest for me to learn and probably my favourite. The steps were easy but still “hip hop” and energetic. Twitch is so awesome, I love his personality and his dance style. I can tell he’s a great teacher too. I’ll definitely being doing this workout again.

I also have another SYTYCD workout DVD which has contemporary, hip hop and disco!

Today I am excited about:
  • doing gymnastics (I haven't been to a class in over 3 years)
  • Ellen's debut on the judging panel of American Idol

Time to jump in the shower now and get ready for another day of Orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment