Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Vitals Assessment

This morning's lectures were about how to communicate with patients, use a mixture of open and yes or no questions, and how to do physical assessment. Tomorrow we will get a chance to practice our interviewing skills on each other.

At lunch time I went to order my uniform which I will wear during clinical placements. I ordered two 3/4 sleeve shirts which were $55 each and a name badge which was $10. Closer to the time I'll also need to get the following:

Stethoscope with ID tag $106
Fob Watch $20
Sphygmomenometer (Blood Pressure Kit) $48
Titanium Scissors $15
Titanium Forceps $15
Thermometer $10
Safety Glasses $10
Pouch with Strap $15

If I have to have all these things I guess we're going to be taking vitals a lot. Once I have all this stuff I'm going to start taking the vital signs of everyone who comes to my house, to practice . . . you have been warned, lol.

The afternoons prac demonstrated taking of vital signs and urine analysis as part of patient assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment