Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shopping

Yesterday at uni I purchased my stethoscope and sphygmomenometer and watch clip. They come in lots of different colours, like ipods which is cute. I chose 'sea foam' for the stethoscope, green for the sphygmomenometer and purple for the watch. It would have been nice to have all the same colour but they're all different brands and not all colours were available, so that wasn't possible. I have to make sure I put name tags on all my equipment. I will put up photos. Can't wait to start using them. I think my first patient will be my cat Manny, I'll check his heatbeat, lol.

Have started printing out my subject guides and materials that are online. They don't give out paper copies anymore, you have to read it online or print it out yourself. I'm printing it out so I can take it with me to classes and so I don't spend more time starting at a computer screen than I already do!

SOOOOO much reading to do OMG!! But I'm trying not to let it overwhelm me, just go through it bit by bit. They keep telling us not to stress out and feel like we have to know everything when we're just beginning. However, there is A LOT to learn and do to get through and do well in the course. As well as lectures, group workshops, labs and clinical practice sessions, there is a pretty huge amount of reading, exercies and audiovisual material that we have to do in our own time and organise time with other students.

This afternoon I have to buy another black printer cartridge. I bought one yesterday and used the entire thing printing out about 100 pages of course materials.

Next on my shopping list will be a digital thermometer and a pen torch . . . Manny should be worried, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment