Thursday, February 11, 2010

Timetable

Got my timetable today. We weren't able to choose our own groups for labs and workshops, which is usually the case. Apparently this semester the website that does the allocations wasn't ready or something so they chose our groups for us and said "DON'T TRY TO CHANGE YOUR TIMETABLE, IT'S NOT NEGOTIABLE". I'm happy I didn't get put in a group that has to start at 7 in the morning, but I'm disappointed that there are no breaks between any of my classes. This means I'll have to be really organised about making time to review lecture notes, go the library and eating. There's no way I'll have to time to buy something to eat between lectures and I generally need to eat something every 3 hours otherwise I can't concentrate, so i'll be preparing my own lunch and snacks (something healthy, like a banana or sandwich) that I can quickly chow down in the ten minute break we get between classes. I hope that'll be enough and I won't need coffee too.

Monday
1:00 – 3:00 Clinical Assessment Lecture
3:00 – 5:00 Medications Workshop
5:00 – 7:00 Medications Lab

Tuesday
12:00 – 2:00 Clinical Assessment Workshop
2:00 – 4:00 Acute Care Lecture

Wednesday
10:00 – 12:00 Clinical Assessment Lab
12:00 – 2:00 Acute Care Lab
2:00 – 3:00 Acute Care Lecture

Thursday
2:00 – 3:00 Medications Lecture
3:00 – 5:00 Acute Care Workshop

Friday
9:00 – 11:00 Medications Lecture
11:00 – 12:00 Clinical Assessment Lecture
12:00 – 2:00 Acute Care Workshop

If we're able to listen to the lectures online, it'll be possible for me to be available to work on Monday or Thursday mornings, just missing the first lecture and catching up on it later. For the last month or so I haven't worked and I don't have anything lined up in the near future either, but that's because it's hard to get work when your availability changes every week. Also I can only do teaching on weekdays which is when I have uni. Ideally I would like to work in my uni holidays which there will be plenty of (as long as I'm not doing clinical at that time - clinicals will be 40 hours a week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment